Student Transportation Services (STS) is a joint venture between the catholic and public school boards in York Region.
For information on bus routes, stop locations, times, late arrivals, cancellation, eligibility, registering a complaint, safety and general information, please visit www.schoolbuscity.com or contact the York Region Student Transportation Services School Bus Information Line at 1-877-330-3001, accessible 24 hours a day.
Active and Safe Routes to School is a partnership between the catholic and public school boards in York Region and the Region of York.
- Be at the bus stop five minutes before scheduled pick up.
- Keep well away from the road until the bus has stopped. Do not go toward the bus until it has stopped.
- Watch for the bus driver’s signal before crossing the road. Look both ways and then cross the road.
- Board the bus quickly using the handrail and go directly to your seat.
- Remain seated while the bus is in motion.
- Do not eat or drink on the bus as these are prohibited.
- Keep the aisle clear of books, knapsacks, lunch bags and other items.
- Keep windows closed unless the driver permits you to open them and never put hands, arms, head or legs out of the window.
- Never throw anything inside the bus or out of the window.
- Talk quietly, so as not to distract the driver.
- Use respectful language.
Shouting, horseplay and fighting are strictly prohibited; students engaging in these activities will have their bus privileges suspended.